• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eid3r

Red Tory
60 Badges
Dec 29, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
A tale of a few nations…
Austria rise to fame…

OOC: Hello to all the readers. This will be a thread for my A.A.R. on Austria. I've just started a game with Austria and I intend to spread my nation across Europe.

-----------------------------------

Vienna, March 1st 1836,

- I want those railroads, Baron Von Bohm!
- But, your grace, this seems awfully complex.
- I command an empire which stretch from Italy to Ukraine and you are telling me that nobody here is witty enought to make me some railroads?
- Your… Grace, there might be some industrial researchers that could have an idea on how to do.
- An idea? I don't care about and idea. Take your feet to Berlin, they just inaugurated a railroad! Get some drawings and get to work, I do not believe I am to command a nation of farmers and laborers. I have bigger plans.
- At once, sire.

(Launched : Experimental Railroads)

Milan, April 8th 1836,

A group of advisors from the imperial war council are discussing in the great hall of Milan's Opera before a representation. The discussion seems agitated.

- His Highness don't understand!
- His Highness understands quite perfectly, Baron Von Kruppen. It is the very strict advice of our Foreign Ministry that the French alliance with Piedmont-Sardinia, which is in the making, will threaten our positions in Italy. Therefore, it is his Highness strict orders that no aggressive campaign be waged in Italy.
- But Modena is ripe for the taking. And with Modena comes a port to the Mediterranean!
- And with a port to the Mediterranean, also comes the responsability to defend it. The Treasury Council is firm on this, the other priorities of the Emperor cannot allow such an entreprise. And, if you wish to know, that wife of the Emperor won't allow it either. You know how she spread liberal ideals.
- What is the will of the Emperor then?
- You will use all your talents to prepare plans for an Italian Alliance. Lucca, Parma, Tuscany and Modena shall be forming a bloc with us, pincering the Papal States and giving us enough allies to hold a solid resistance in the region in case of French Agression.
- As his Highness commands, then. But I don't agree
- You are not required to agree, only to obey.

(Diplomatic Alliances : Lucca, Parma, Tuscany, Modena)

Vienna, April 29th 1836

His Majesty, the Emperor of Austria, discuss with some advisers arriving from the eastern frontier.

- Your highness, two weeks ago, the Russian Army mobilized in full forces and headed south. It appears clear that they are preparing a massive attack on the Ottoman Empire. The Sultan already sent us a declaration begging for military aid and access. What shall we answer?
- Answer nothing, the dispatch never reached Vienna.
- But aren't we going to intervene?
- I will not risk the fine flower of Austrian youth for the Ottoman Empire. Especialy since I would adore seing the Sultan reduced from his so called Great Power position to a simple lackey I can toy with.
- But your highness, inaction can permet Russia to grow.
- Who spoke of inaction? I've already gathered large supplies.
- So you intend to attack elsewhere?
- You terrible lack vision, Elector von Schachting. I will order a build-up of fortresses.
- Fortresses? Where?
- Carpathia. I want those mountains fortified to the maximum. Our elite troops will then take position in those mountains to form a line from Prussia to Moldavia.
- Very wise, indeed.
- The Russian steamroller will eventually come, I intend him to try to chunk to hard a piece.

(Construction : Forts in the Carpathia.)

Venice, May 18th 1836

A group of citizen discuss the growing sentiment of North Italian independance. A father speaks to his son.

- And one day, my son, you will be free of the Austrian yoke. I so swear to you. North Italians will get counscious enough to realise we don't need to bow in front of Vienna.
- Maybe, father, Maybe. But for now, I have to obey my orders. I have been mobilized.
- Mobilized? But the Empire is in peace!
- I know, but it seems that many Italian divisions are mobilized and put in order of march toward the north.
- Prussia?
- I don't know father.

In the Doge's Palace, another discussion is taking place between the Italian advisors of the Emperor and his Secretary for Cultural Affairs.

- Why this mobilization sir? Are we really going to wage war with Prussia?
- The Prussian mobilized 60 divisions to our north Frontier. Useless to say they threaten directly Vienna. But no, we aren't going at war for now.
- Then, why weaken Italy?
- To weaken the italians.
- I don't understand sir.
- To many think they can form a nation without the Shield and power of Vienna.
- And?
- It is the idea of the Emperor that those who have the time to think about independence and rebellion should instead mourn their sons.
- But I though we weren't going to attack Prussia!
- We won't, but sooner or later, the Prussians will try to assert hegemony. And that day, his Highness wishes that the fierce and proud sons of Italy be on the first line. You know the high value of Austrian soldiers, after all. They should never be putted in danger when some others can be.
- Cruel.
- Cunning.

(Mobilization of some divisions in Italy. All North Italian troops are moved in the vincinity of Prague. South German divisions are deployed on the italian border, mainly in Milan and Venice.)